7 new grants for UK SMEs to look at this summer
Over £80m in funding available to support innovation and growth. Here is a breakdown of some of the schemes available right now;
- Open grant funding competition: Round 2 – £20 million to deliver game changing or disruptive innovations with significant potential for impact on the UK economy. Any technology, any company size, up to 70% funding.
- Plastics Innovation: Towards zero waste – UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £4 million to develop new solutions to reduce persistent plastics entering our environment.
- Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) Open Call for Innovation – The Open Call is looking for innovative ideas to improve the defence and security of the UK. Grants of £90k available, 100% funding – no match funding needed.
- Manufacturing readiness and scale up of Genomic Analysis technologies – UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £5 million to increase the manufacturing capacity of innovative genomic analysis technologies.
- Transforming accountancy, insurance and legal services with AI and data – UK business and research organisations can apply for a share of £12 million from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. This is to develop AI and data enabled products and services within accountancy, insurance and legal services.
- Smart Local Energy Systems: concepts and designs – UK organisations can apply for a share of up to £1.5 million to design smart local energy systems.
- Autonomous highway, rural and parking test facilities – UK businesses and research and technology organisations can apply for a share of up to £25 million to create the second phase of the UK connected and autonomous vehicle test ‘ecosystem’.
For details on the scheme and application process, please get in touch.