Investing in R&D in 2018? Developing innovative technology?
**Open to any technology, any company size, anywhere in the UK**
*£19m in funding, 70% grants available*
The UK GOV’s leading grant scheme is now open for applications. Grants of up to £1m are available to support 2018 and 2019 R&D projects – this is one scheme not to be missed.
To be in scope, a proposal must:
- lead to the development of innovative, new products, processes or services;
- demonstrate sufficient technical innovation, potential return on investment and a high degree of technical risk;
- articulate a clear and anticipated high growth impact for the business(s) leading to a significant return on investment (ROI).
Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to lead to sustainable gains in productivity and/or access to new overseas markets through export led business growth.
The funder has allocated up to £19 million to fund innovation projects in this open competition. Successful applicants can attract grant funding towards their eligible project costs.The percentage of costs that they pay through a grant varies. It depends on the type of research being carried out and size and type of organisation involved.
|Applicant size||Industrial research||Experimental development|
Projects are expected to last from 6 months to 3 years and to range in size from total costs of £50,000 to £2 million. The costs covered by the grant include labour, overheads, materials, IP, depreciation and subcontractors.
The application deadline is 12pm on the 28th February 2018 with a second round due to open in March and close on the 31st May. Applications will typically take at least 4 weeks to put together and then 8 weeks to review. Projects should therefore be looking from start in Q3 and Q4 2018 onwards and can incorporate 2019 and 2020 R&D activity.
What challenging, innovative projects would you undertake if you knew 70% of the costs were covered?
We help a wide range of businesses, across a variety of industries identify, apply and secure public funding. Some of our recent successes include;
- £189k for an innovative, environmental technology start-up;
- £156k for an expanding UK food producer;
- £129k for clean cities, clean technology project;
- £90k for a 3D printing technology company;
- £348k for an innovative medical device company.
All consultations are done free of charge and we only earn once both parties have identified a suitable opportunity with a good chance of success. For further details please click here.
About Tatton Consulting
We help ambitious SMEs identify, apply for and secure the funding and grants to innovate and grow. Our team has secured over £26.9 million in repayment-free, interest-free, equity-free funding to help our clients innovate and grow. Priority areas include;
- Manufacturing & New Materials
- Health, Biomedical & Life Sciences
- Digital, IoT, Electronics & Sensors
- Green Technology, Transport, Defence & Energy
- Regional Expansion & Growth
- Tourism & Rural Development
If you would like to explore what funding opportunities are available at the moment or would like to discuss your project, then please;
- call us on 0161 826 2256
- email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- follow us on twitter @UKgrantfunding
- check out www.UKgrantfunding.co.uk
Alternatively contact us by clicking on one of the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing your project further.
— Mark Clayton