Industrial Challenge: Advanced Manufacturing & Materials
** £19m in funding, 70% grants available**
Innovative projects that boost productivity, result in a new process or material use are encouraged from the following technology areas:
• nanotechnology and nanomaterials
• composite materials
• coatings, thin films and surfaces
• metals and metallurgy
• electronic and sensing materials
• resource efficiency
• assembly and joining
• forming technologies
• chemical and bio process
• surface engineering
• CAD/CAM/CAE/simulation, digital manufacturing
• electronics manufacturing
• sensor and instrument (design and manufacture)
• material recovery and treatment
• additive manufacturing and 3D printing
Innovate UK have allocated up to £19 million to fund innovation projects;
• Projects should focus on technical feasibility, industrial research or experimental development.
• All projects must involve at least one SME and a business must lead the project.
• Projects costing more than £100k must involve a partner.
• The funding ranges from 35% up to 70% of total R&D costs (labour, overheads, materials, IP, subcontractors).
• Projects are expected to last from 6 months to 3 years and to range in size from total costs of £50,000 to £2 million.
*** The closing dates for application is the 31st January 2018 ***
If you would like any further details on the schemes highlighted or to discuss a potential project, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.